top of page

Novice Karate Group (ages 8 & up)

Public·19 members
Greyson Garcia
Greyson Garcia

Pecan Pie Calories

The average slice of pecan pie has over 500 calories, 30 grams of fat, 60 grams of carbohydrates, and 30 grams of sugar. Not to mention, it is loaded with butter, corn syrup, and sugar. Enjoy this delicious homemade healthy pecan pie with only 241 calories per slice, and no butter, sugar, flour, or corn syrup!

pecan pie calories

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Furluso.com%2F2udBJ0&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2BtB2cuHRQJ5zCAyNmW0OA

So for the pie, instead of using the high fructose corn syrup and regular corn syrup that are in most pecan pie recipes, I experimented with maple syrup and a few other ingredients to make this the most delicious healthy pecan pie possible. I definitely succeeded!

With an astounding 620 calories per slice, pecan pie dominates the contest from a caloric standpoint. Pecans themselves provide a wide variety of vitamins and minerals and are thought to be healthy for the heart.

Pecan pie has a rich filling of caramel, thanks to the divine corn syrup. It has a buttery and flaky taste with crunchy pecans. When you take a bite of this heavenly dessert, first the crust and then the soft center with thick moist filling satisfy your cravings.

Recipe Card Uses: You can email yourself this recipe card so you can easily search for it (I have a folder in my email just for recipes!) Or print it so you have it handy, and can make notes. You can even pin this pecan pie without corn syrup recipe to Pintrest so it is safely stored for you.

Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of this pecan pie gluten free recipe you want to make, and it will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for this low calorie recipe pecan pie can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.

Though it seams to be a lot of steps in making this low calorie pecan pie, I assure you it is easy and fun! We just broke out the steps more to make the process easier. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined')ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'loseweightbyeating_com-leader-4','ezslot_16',111,'0','0']);__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-loseweightbyeating_com-leader-4-0');

I love the expression "Why fix what isn't broken?" I use this phrase when it comes to my time-honored Thanksgiving recipes. So why am I throwing out my old "perfect" pecan pie recipe this year in place for something new? Because the Maple Pecan Tart that recipe developer and makeover queen Katie Webster made for EatingWell is so much better.

After trying her version in the Test Kitchen a few months ago, I realized that I needed to ditch my old "perfect" pecan pie recipe. Not only does this new version taste better than the original, but it's healthier too. Find out the three tricks to making better pecan pie.

Trick 1: Replace corn syrup with maple syrup Corn syrup doesn't have a lot of flavor. The only thing it has to offer is sweetness, which is pretty boring. But it's the cornerstone of traditional recipes. So to perk up the flavor, this Maple Pecan Tart uses maple syrup in place of the corn syrup. From a nutritional perspective, sugar is sugar, but from a flavor perspective, maple syrup is much tastier. The buttery flavor of the syrup plays up the nuttiness of the pecans. If you have a choice, opt for grade B or dark amber syrup. It has a richer flavor than lighter varieties.

Trick 2: Use nuts in the crust Plenty of pecan pie recipes call for an already prepared crust, or if you're ambitious you make your own from scratch. Either is fine, but the crust can be a hidden source of calories and fat from loads of butter and/or shortening. In this Maple Pecan Tart recipe, we incorporate pecans in the crust to deliver a nuttier flavor that can't be matched by a store-bought crust. And pecans have less saturated fat than butter: 1/4 cup of pecans has only 2 grams saturated fat vs. butter at 29 grams per 1/4 cup! Pecans also contain more antioxidants-compounds that sweep up tissue-damaging free radicals-than any other tree nut, according to a study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Pecans also provide notable amounts of zinc, a mineral most often found in animal-based foods. Related: 8 Tips for Tender, Flaky Pie Crust Butter or Margarine: Which is a Healthier Choice?

This pecan tart gets added tang from dried cherries. Instead of corn syrup, which is found in most pecan pie recipes, we've opted for maple syrup. If you can find it, choose dark amber or grade B, because it has the richest maple flavor. The crust, made with heart-healthy pecans and canola oil, couldn't be easier to whip together. Just blend it in the food processor and pat it into your tart pan.

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Generously coat a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. 2. Combine egg yolk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, oil and water in a small bowl. Process 1/2 cup pecans and sugar in a food processor to the consistency of coarse meal. Add flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pulse until combined. Drizzle the yolk mixture through the feed tube while pulsing and pulse just until the mixture is combined. 3. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan, pressing it firmly into the bottom and all the way up the sides to form a crust. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until dry and just beginning to brown on the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. 4. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, rum (if using), the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Transfer 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl. Chop 1/2 cup pecans and add to the medium bowl. Stir in cherries. Mix the remaining 1 cup pecans with the reserved maple mixture. 5. Remove the tart crust from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350. 6. If there are any cracks in the crust, sprinkle with a little flour and use a dry pastry brush to "seal" the flour into the cracks. Evenly spread the filling in the crust. Arrange the maple syrup-coated pecans decoratively on top and drizzle with any remaining maple mixture. 7. Bake the tart until it no longer jiggles in the center when gently shaken, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan (use a butter knife to gently loosen the tart from the pan sides if it sticks in spots). Let cool completely, about 40 minutes more.

I told you how you can make a low sugar pecan pie by replacing corn syrup with honey, but I promised I will give you other corn syrup alternative. Also, I want to tell you a few things about corn syrup and its alternatives so you can choose the best substitute for you.

Great to see an old-time favorite without the corn syrup. Well done! We have a daughter who struggles with gluten so we also swap out the all-purpose flour for pecan meal (flour). It works and you keep the pecan flavor. Thanks for posting this recipe!

There are some commercially available pecan pies but they more often than not contain many preservatives to extend their shelf life. The shelf life of home-made pecan pie is only three to four days, and commercial producers need them to stay on shelves for much longer than that.

It was only in 2013 that the Texas House of Representatives passed a resolution making pecan pie officially the state dessert, but in the hearts of many Texans, this was their official dessert long before that.

Cooked & Cooled 9-inch Pie Crust - Make your own pie crust or use a store-bought crust. Either way works just make sure that it's cooked and cooled before making this pecan cream pie.

Thank you for this recipe!! We love pecan pie so this recipe was a big hit in my house! I made it per the recipe, but I drizzled some Magic Shell on top at the end before refrigerating! Sooo good!!!

I made this for Thanksgiving and I am sick that I wasted these ingredients, especially the pecans. No one ate their piece and the remainder will go in the trash. It was awful. Can I score less than one star?

We're big fans of traditional pecan pie (my husband is from New Orleans)! This is FANTASTIC, and not just for the Fall baking season. Please don't let the need for pure maple syrup hold you up - it's a wonderful flavor addition for the filling. Like some others, I used a graham cracker crust. We LOVED this pie!

This was incredible! I toasted the pecans, added a nice crunch! There was so much filling, it was a huge pie! I may add the piped fresh whipped cream next time! Absolutely perfect recipe, not too sweet!

I am going to try this using a pecan crust. I found nut crusts next to the graham cracker crusts in the store and we prefer them to graham cracker. Pecan pie is my husband's favorite so I'm hoping he loves this.

For keto/ low carb substitutes, i most certainly replaced the maple syrup with sugar free pancake syrup and i can assure you that the pie was fantastic! I also replaced both sugars with swerve and used a pecan crust in place of a flour crust. This pie will be on my menu from now on! FANTASTIC!

This was so delicious. It was a beautiful addition to our Thanksgiving table. It was a nice change from traditional pecan pie, which can be overly sweet, and It was much easier to make than traditional cheesecake. I have no doubt it will become a holiday regular.

Just put this bad boy in the fridge. Oh. My. So good! Made it for the hubby for father's day. I used butter pecan syrup that I found in the aisle next to the maple syrup. I also used roasted pecans (snack aisle) instead of regular pecans. Great sweet -salty flavor. Thank you for the recipe!

HelloHappy Saturday to ya,I just made this lovely lovely pie. Unfortunately we have to wait til tomorrow to eat it. I started to late in the day to enjoy it tonight. It looks just as amazing as yours. The only thing I did differently was the pie shell. I made my own. A maple pecan pie crust with just a touch of dark brown sugar.And I used cool whip for the piping around the pie. But everything else was 100% your deliciously looking pie recipe.OH MY goodness. I just know it's going to be amazing.Thank you for your time, & your expertise. And of course for sharing. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
  • Twitter
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
bottom of page